British Marine believes it is of critical importance that you can trust each of its members. Our Code of Practice outlines the expected conduct and business practices of members and explains how firms will be removed from membership in the event that they breach our standards and requirements.
The Code of Practice has been formulated to:
- maintain and enhance the reputation and standing of British Marine members;
- promote trade and exports by British Marine members;
- ensure that the public receive the best possible service from British Marine members;
- encourage the promotion and observance of ethical business practice and regulated competitive trading;
- make clear British Marine's objectives and standards.
Some associations, for example British Marine Boat Retailers & Brokers, have additional sector specific safeguards to which all members of that association must also adhere.
The strength of having more than 1600 marine companies adhering to a Code of Practice is promoted in the British Marine Look for the Logo campaign. Look for the distinctive British Marine brand when buying your boats, products and services and search on our member list to find companies that adhere to the highest standards.
Download the British Marine Code of Practice and terms and conditions here.